A neutral wire must be present in the gang box.
Instinct is only compatible with single pole configurations.
Install in plastic gang boxes whenever possible as metal gang boxes reduce Wi-Fi signal strength.
All iDevices products work with both iOS and Android mobile devices.
More on Installation
- Installing Instinct - Single Pole
- Instinct Setup on iOS 13 and Later
- Instinct Setup on iOS 11 and 12
- Instinct Setup on Android
- Choosing a Location for Instinct
- Instinct Faceplate
Using Your Instinct
The button controls of Instinct operate similar to any standard rocker switch.
Instinct supports many of the same voice commands as an Echo.
Instinct should be used indoors between 32°F – 104°F.
Control Instinct remotely through the Amazon Alexa app.
More on Using Your Instinct
- Instinct Physical Controls
- Controlling Instinct's Switch in the Amazon Alexa app
- Controlling Instinct's Night Light
- Manually Activate Alexa with Instinct
- Muting Instinct
- Naming Instinct
Flashing red LED ring indicates Alexa service is unavailable or Wi-Fi® network is unreachable.
Rebooting the device can quickly resolve many issues.
More on Problem Solving
Instinct Switch App
Before You Buy
Returns and Warranty Info
If a product purchased from our online store does not meet your expectations, you may contact us to facilitate a return for refund within 30 days of purchase.
iDevices offers a 2-year limited warranty on any in-wall product, covering manufacturing defects.
iDevices offers a 1-year limited warranty on any plug & play product, covering manufacturing defects.