During the setup process, you may receive the error, "Couldn't Add Accessory." This is typically an indication that the iDevices product is having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi® network.
Begin by restarting your iOS device, router, and any access points. Then, try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again.
If you continue to receive the error "Couldn't Add Accessory", try the steps below:
- Reboot the Switch by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
- Monitor the LED for the following status changes:
|LED flashes green then changes to solid blue||
Indicates Switch has joined the Wi-Fi network.
Try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again:
|LED slowly flashes blue||
Indicates Switch did not join the Wi-Fi network.
Continue to the steps below.
- Open your iOS Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- The Switch will appear under “Set Up New Device...” towards the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Switch.
- Ensure that the network selected is your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Then, tap Next.
- The settings app will attempt to pair your Switch to your Wi-Fi network.
If the Switch joins the Wi-Fi network, try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again.
If you receive the error, "An Unexpected Error Occurred. Try Again." it's likely that there is a router setting or compatibility issue. To learn more about the network requirements, visit: Wi-Fi and Network Compatibility