During the setup process, you may receive the error, "Couldn't Add Accessory." This is typically an indication that the iDevices product is having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi® network.
Begin by restarting your iOS device, router, and any access points. Then, try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again.
If you continue to receive the error "Couldn't Add Accessory", try the steps below:
- Reboot the Thermostat. Without pressing the buttons on the Thermostat faceplate, remove the Thermostat from the mounting plate and then place it back on.
- Put the Thermostat back into pairing mode by tapping the Gear button, select "Setup", select "Connection", select "iOS", the 8-digit pairing code will display on the screen.
- Open your iOS Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- A section labeled “Set Up New Device...” with the Thermostat listed below it may appear towards the bottom of the screen after a few moments:
|If this section does not appear||
Indicates Thermostat has joined the Wi-Fi network.
Try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again:
|If this section does appear||
Indicates Thermostat did not join the Wi-Fi network.
Continue to the steps below.
- Tap the Thermostat that is listed below “Set Up New Device...”.
- Ensure that the network selected is your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Then, tap Next.
- The settings app will attempt to pair your Thermostat to your Wi-Fi network.
If the Thermostat joins the Wi-Fi network, try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again.
If you receive the error, "An Unexpected Error Occurred. Try Again." it's likely that there is a router setting or compatibility issue. To learn more about the network requirements, visit: Wi-Fi and Network Compatibility