During the setup process, you may receive the error, "Couldn't Add Accessory." This is typically an indication that the iDevices product is having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi® network.
Begin by restarting your iOS device, router, and any access points. Then, try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again.
If you continue to receive the error "Couldn't Add Accessory", try the steps below:
- Reboot the Dimmer Switch by pressing the lower right-hand button below the rocker once.
- Put the Dimmer Switch into pairing mode:
- Hold the bottom left-hand button below the rocker for 4 seconds, then let go.
- Press the bottom of the rocker once like you're turning the light OFF.
- Monitor the LED for the following status changes:
|LED flashes green then changes to solid blue
Indicates Dimmer Switch has joined the Wi-Fi network.
Try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again:
|LED slowly flashes blue
Indicates Dimmer Switch did not join the Wi-Fi network.
Continue to the steps below.
- Open your iOS Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- The Dimmer Switch will appear under “Set Up New Device...” towards the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Dimmer Switch.
- Ensure that the network selected is your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Then, tap Next.
- The settings app will attempt to pair your Dimmer Switch to your Wi-Fi network.
If the Dimmer Switch joins the Wi-Fi network, try the setup procedure in the iDevices Connected app again.
If you receive the error, "An Unexpected Error Occurred. Try Again." it's likely that there is a router setting or compatibility issue. To learn more about the network requirements, visit: Wi-Fi and Network Compatibility