When Instinct is ready for pairing, you'll see the LED ring begin spinning orange. After 30 minutes, pairing mode will timeout if Instinct has not been connected. When you're ready to set up Instinct, press either the bottom left or bottom right button once to put Instinct back into pairing mode. When the orange ring begins spinning, follow the steps below to connect Instinct with Amazon Alexa.
Note: If you have multiple Wi-Fi networks such as a 2.4 GHz network, a 5 GHz network, and a guest network please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set up.
1. Install and open the Instinct Switch app for Android:
2. If this is your first Instinct, tap "Let's Get Started." If you're adding another Instinct, tap on the menu button (☰), tap "Add Product."
3. Install Instinct using the in-app installation video or follow the installation steps here: Installing Instinct - Single Pole When you have completed the installation, tap "Ok, it's installed."
4. Any Instinct in pairing mode will be shown within the app. Tap the Instinct you're connecting to.
Note: Please be sure location services are turned on before you begin setup.
5. The app will display the details of the Instinct you're connected to, tap "Continue With Setup."
6. Choose a suggested name, or create a unique name for the product your Instinct is controlling. For example, “Ceiling lights” or “Chandelier.” Tap “Next.”
7. Choose a name for Instinct’s night light to control it with your voice. For example, “Ceiling lights night light” or “Chandelier night light.” Tap “Next.”
8. Verify the Wi-Fi network shown in the app is the network you would like to connect Instinct with. Tap "Yes, looks good" to continue or tap "No, use a different Wi-Fi network" to select a different network.
Note: Only 2.4GHz networks will be displayed and the network must also be password protected.
9. Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network. If you have already connected an Instinct to this Wi-Fi network, the password will be saved. Tap "Next."
10. Please wait momentarily for Instinct to connect with your Wi-Fi network.
11. Tap "Sign into Amazon" to connect Instinct to your Amazon account.
12. Enter your Amazon account details, ensure "Keep me signed in" is selected. Tap "Sign In."
13. Please wait momentarily for Instinct to connect with your Amazon account.
14. Instinct may begin an update to make sure it's running the latest firmware. During this time the LED night light will flash purple and Alexa may be unresponsive.
15. Enable the iDevices Skill within the Amazon Alexa app, then say "Alexa, discover devices." This will allow Alexa to immediately recognize Instinct's switch and night light for control.
16. Register your Instinct, then tap "Done."
17. You can now start speaking to your Instinct.