When Instinct is ready for pairing, you'll see the LED ring begin spinning orange. After 30 minutes, pairing mode will timeout if Instinct has not been connected. When you're ready to set up Instinct, press either the bottom left or bottom right button once to put Instinct back into pairing mode. When the orange ring begins spinning, follow the steps below to connect Instinct with Amazon Alexa.
Note: If you have multiple Wi-Fi networks such as a 2.4 GHz network, a 5 GHz network, or a guest network please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set up.
1. Install and open the Instinct Switch app for iOS:
2. If this is your first Instinct, tap "Let's Get Started." If you're adding another Instinct, tap on the menu button (☰), tap "Add Product."
3. Install Instinct using the in-app installation video or follow the installation steps here: Installing Instinct - Single Pole When you have completed the installation, tap "Ok, it's installed."
4. Tap "Continue" to begin searching for a nearby Instinct, this process may take several moments.
5. Tap "OK" to allow the Instinct Switch app to connect to your Instinct.
6. The app will display the details of the Instinct you're connected to, tap "Continue With Setup."
7. Select the Wi-Fi network you would like to connect Instinct to.
Note: Only 2.4GHz and password protected networks will be displayed.
8. Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network. If you have already connected an Instinct to this Wi-Fi network, the password will be saved. Tap "Next."
9. Tap "Continue" to complete the connection to your Wi-Fi network.
10. Tap "Start Using Instinct" to begin connecting Instinct to your Amazon account.
11. Tap "Sign into Amazon."
12. Enter your Amazon account details, ensure "Keep me signed in" is selected. Tap "Sign In."
13. Please wait momentarily for Instinct to connect with your Amazon account.
14. Instinct may begin an update to make sure it's running the latest firmware. During this time the LED night light will flash purple and Alexa may be unresponsive.
15. Enable the iDevices skill within the Amazon Alexa app, then say "Alexa, discover devices." This will allow Alexa to immediately recognize Instinct's switch and night light for control.
16. Register your Instinct, then tap "Done."
15. You can now start speaking to your Instinct.