During the setup process the app may tell you, “This accessory isn’t compatible with your Wi-Fi router.” This notification typically occurs when your iOS device is not connected to a compatible network band, and does not necessarily mean that the router itself is incompatible.
Follow these steps to ensure that your iOS device is connected to a 2.4GHz network band for setup. A 5GHz network band is not compatible with iDevices products.
- Open your iOS settings app and tap Wi-Fi.
- If you have a 2.4GHz network option, please select that. Otherwise, you will need to contact your internet service provider or router manufacturer for help identifying the 2.4GHz network.
- Once the network is selected, that information will be handed off to the product for you.
- Return to the iDevices Connected App.
- Add the accessory again.
- Once the setup and any firmware updates are completed, you may reconnect your iOS device back to the 5GHz network.