- Home Wi-Fi® 2.4 GHz (802.11 B/G/N)
- None, WPA or WPA2 (AES) Network Security
The following list shows tested routers NOT currently compatible with our smart home products
- Actiontec MI424WR
- ARRIS EA9200
- ARRIS TG1672
- ARRIS TG862
- ASUS RT-AC1200
- Bell Home Hub 3000
- Business Class Routers
- Google Fiber
- Netgear Orbi
- Technicolor TC8717T
- Ubee Routers
To verify or change the Wi-Fi security settings of your router, follow these steps:
- Log into your wireless router by entering the IP address of your router into a web browser. The IP address can be found in the router manual.
- If prompted, enter the username and password for the router. The default username and password will also be listed in the router manual.
- Once you’ve logged in, look for the Wireless option.
- For Security Mode, select WPA, WPA2-Personal (WPA2-PSK) or None. If given an option for encryption, select AES. TKIP encryption is not compatible. Note: If "None" is selected for wireless security, a password isn’t required to join your network.
- In some cases, you may have to change your Wi-Fi password. If you have to change your password, you will have to enter the updated password for all of the devices (computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.) that connect to your network.
- Click "Save" or "Apply Changes."
- Your router may reboot itself to apply the changes.
If you have difficulty logging into your router, you can contact your internet service provider or router manufacturer for additional assistance.
All iDevices products are certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance®. The certification doesn’t guarantee iDevices products work with all routers. You can verify compliance on the Wi-Fi Alliance website - www.wi-fi.org - or look for this logo on your networking equipment to ensure compliance:
Note: Due to firmware, router and mobile device updates, compatibility may change at any time.