There are a couple of instances where the notification, “Something went wrong during setup” may occur.
Instance 1 - Thermostat is having difficulty joining the Wi-Fi network:
Reboot your Thermostat by pulling the faceplate off the mounting plate and placing it back on again.
Depending on the firmware version installed on your Thermostat, it will restart and display the current temperature setpoint or "Connecting Thermostat to Network."
Follow the steps below to place the Thermostat back into pairing mode or if the display shows "Connecting Thermostat to Network" proceed to step 5:
- Tap the gear button on the top left-hand corner
- Tap the down arrow until you see "Setup" and tap the gear to select
- Tap the gear to select "Connection"
- Tap the gear to select "iOS"
- Open your iOS settings app and tap “Wi-Fi”
- Scroll down and locate “Set Up New Device…” with the Thermostat listed below Note: If you do not see “Set Up New Device…” that means the Thermostat already has joined the Wi-Fi network continue to step 8
- Tap on the Thermostat and attempt to join it to your Wi-Fi Network
- If it joins, attempt the setup again in the iDevices app
If it does not join after completing the steps above and you receive the error, “An Unexpected Error Occurred. Try Again,” please ensure your iOS device is connected to a 2.4 GHz network band using None, WPA, or WPA2-PSK (AES) security.
For more information on adjusting your network settings and to view router compatibility: Click Here
Instance 2 - iCloud is Synchronizing:
If the app is not prompting you to scan or enter the HomeKit code, there may be an issue with the Apple HomeKit platform.
- Open your iOS settings
- Tap iDevices
- Verify “Home Data” is ON
- Then, open the Apple Home app on your iOS device
- Apple's Home app may prompt you to enable specific settings within iCloud
- If you see “Loading Accessories and Scenes,” that indicates an iCloud sync is currently in progress which prevents the setup from moving forward. For more information on resolving this issue: Click Here
If you continue having issues please reach out to our Customer Experience Team at support@iDevicesinc.com or call us at 888.313.7019.