The notification that “Something went wrong during setup” typically occurs when the product has difficulty joining the Wi-Fi network. Ensure your iOS device is connected to a 2.4 GHz network band using WPA or WPA2-PSK (AES) security. If you adjusted the network connection, attempt the setup again.
Reboot your Thermostat by removing the faceplate and placing it back on again. Depending on the firmware version the Thermostat will restart and display, "Connecting Thermostat to Network" or will show the current temperature set point.
If Thermostat displays current temperature set point, place the Thermostat back into pairing mode:
- Tap the gear button on the top left-hand corner
- Tap the down arrow until you see "Setup" and tap the gear to select
- Tap the gear to select "Connection"
- Tap the gear to select iOS
At that point, you can attempt the setup again.
- Open your iOS settings app and tap “Wi-Fi”
- Toward the bottom you will see “Set Up New Device…” with the Thermostat listed below
- Tap on the Thermostat and attempt to join it to your Wi-Fi Network
If it joins, attempt setup again in the iDevices app. If you continue having issues please reach out to our Customer Experience Team at support@iDevicesinc.com or call us at 888.313.7019.