There are a couple of instances where the notification, “Something went wrong during setup” may occur.
Instance 1 - Dimmer Switch is having difficulty joining the Wi-Fi network:
Reboot your Dimmer Switch by pressing the bottom right-hand button below the rocker once.
If the LED flashes green, it means that Dimmer Switch has joined the Wi-Fi network and you can place the Dimmer Switch into pairing mode and attempt the setup again. If the LED returns to a flashing blue, we can attempt to join the Dimmer Switch to the network differently.
- Open your iOS settings app and tap “Wi-Fi”
- Toward the bottom, you will see “Set Up New Device…” with Dimmer Switch listed below
- Tap on the Dimmer Switch and attempt to join it to your Wi-Fi Network
If it joins, attempt setup again in the iDevices app.
If it does not join after you have walked through this process above and receive the error, “An Unexpected Error Occurred. Try Again,” ensure your iOS device is connected to a 2.4 GHz network band using WPA or WPA2-PSK (AES) security.
For more information on adjusting your network settings and to view router compatibility: Click Here
Instance 2 - iCloud is Synchronizing:
If the app is not prompting you to scan or enter the HomeKit code, there may be an issue with the Apple HomeKit platform.
- Open your iOS settings
- Tap iDevices
- Verify “Home Data” is ON
- Then, open the Apple Home app on your iOS device
- Apple's Home app may prompt you to enable specific settings within iCloud
- If you see “Loading Accessories and Scenes,” that indicates an iCloud sync is currently in progress which prevents the setup from moving forward. For more information on resolving this issue: Click Here
If you continue having issues please reach out to our Customer Experience Team at support@iDevicesinc.com or call us at 888.313.7019.