Method 1: Extend the pull out tab on the Wall or Dimmer Switch (4 on the diagram shown below). There should be a check in the box indicating if this is the primary or secondary location.
Method 2: If the boxes are not marked to indicate which is primary or secondary, and you performed the installation yourself, the primary is the location in which all three wires on the iDevices Wall or Dimmer Switch were connected to the wires in the gang box (load, line and neutral).
Method 3: If the boxes are not marked to indicate which is Primary or Secondary, and the Wall or Dimmer Switches were pre-installed, we can determine which location is the Primary by resetting all switches on the circuit and testing to see which location is able to control the fixture.
- Press and hold the button 6 for 10 seconds until LED blinks red. The LED should change to solid purple after the reset is complete. Repeat at each location.
- Move to each switch and attempt to turn the fixture on and off. The primary switch will be the only switch that will control the fixture
- Extend the pull out tab at this location and mark this as the primary.
After identifying the primary and secondary switches, you can now pair the Dimmer Switches back together:
- Start by locating the primary switch. Hold button 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Next, tap button 1 to enter pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
- Next, locate the secondary switch. Repeat the steps above on the secondary switch by holding button 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds), then release. Next tap the button 1 to begin the pairing mode. The LED will flash blue slowly. The secondary switch will search and pair to the primary switch. The LED on each switch will rapidly blink green 5 times and each switch will beep 5 times to indicate the pairing process is complete.
- For a 4-way, repeat the steps once more. Place the primary into pairing and repeat at the remaining secondary.
- Once all locations can control the fixture, you can continue pairing the primary switch to your Wi-Fi network and app!