In 3 and 4-way configurations, the primary Wall or Dimmer Switch must be identified for pairing devices together via Bluetooth.
After Bluetooth pairing is complete, the primary switch is connected to the iDevices Connected app.
Method 1: Extend the pull-out tab on the Wall or Dimmer Switch (4 on the diagram shown below). There should be a check in the box indicating if this is the primary or secondary location.
Method 2: If the pull-out tab is not marked to indicate which is primary or secondary and you performed the installation yourself, the primary location is the Wall or Dimmer Switch in which all three wires were connected to the wires in the gang box (load, line and neutral).
Method 3: If the pull-out tab is not marked to indicate which is primary or secondary and the Wall or Dimmer Switches were pre-installed, we can determine which location is the primary by attempting to place the switches into Wi-Fi pairing mode.
- Press and hold button 6 for 3 seconds until the LED flashes blue rapidly
- Then press button 1 once:
- If the LED flashes red and beeps, then returns to solid purple, this is a secondary Wall or Dimmer Switch. Try the next switch in the 3- or 4-way configuration.
- If the LED flashes blue slowly this indicates this is the primary location which is now in Wi-Fi pairing mode and can now be paired to the iDevices Connected app.
Method 4: If the boxes are not marked to indicate which is Primary or Secondary and the Wall or Dimmer Switches were pre-installed, we can determine which location is the Primary by resetting all switches on the circuit and testing to see which location is able to control the fixture.
- Press and hold button 6 for 10 seconds until LED blinks red. The LED should change to solid purple after the reset is complete. Repeat at each location.
- Move to each switch and attempt to turn the fixture on and off. The primary switch will be the only switch that will control the fixture
- Extend the pull-out tab at this location and mark this as the primary.
After identifying the primary and secondary switches, you can now pair the Dimmer Switches back together: Pairing Switches Together