After walking through the setup on the Thermostat, the display will show the 8-digit pairing code, follow the steps below to connect the Thermostat to your iOS device:
Note: If the Thermostat display shows "Connecting to Network," visit: Display Shows Connecting to Network
In the screens below, we’re using an iDevices Switch, but the setup process is similar for Thermostat.
1. Download the latest version of the iDevices Connected app here:
2. Before pairing the iDevices Switch to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your iOS device is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band.
3. Open the iDevices Connected app and allow all of the prompts that appear on-screen. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to your iOS Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
4. If this is a new home, tap the “Add my Product” button. For adding to an existing home, tap on the menu button (☰) then, “Add Product.
5. Tap the product you will be setting up.
6. Confirm the product is ready to be set up. Tap “Yes, I am Ready.” The iDevices Connected app may walk you through additional steps to determine if the product is ready for setup.
7. Scan the 8-digit HomeKit setup code for the product.
8. Select the product from the available accessories.
9. Tap “Allow” to connect the accessory to your Wi-Fi network.
Note: Your iOS device will automatically send the password information to the product; you will not be asked to type the password. This process may take a moment.
10. Tap “Switch” to create a customized name for the product in the app. Visit Naming Products and Rooms to learn best practices for naming.
11. Customize the night light name to control it with Siri. If your product does not have an LED night light, the setup will continue directly to the next step.
12. On iOS 13, you'll be prompted to add the product to suggested Scenes, then tap "Done."
13. Choose a photo for the product; you can use the default photo or set a custom photo.
14. Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings for your specific product.
Note: If you’re on iOS 14, after adding and customizing your product, the app may show a “Loading…” screen. Tap the X in the upper left-hand corner to close the window and ensure the product you added is available for control from the home dashboard.
Note: After changing modes, there is a standard 5-7 minute delay before the Thermostat will call for heating or cooling to protect the compressor for air conditioners and heat pump systems. During this time, the setpoint on the Thermostat display will show in black. Once the delay has passed and the Thermostat calls for heating or cooling, the setpoint will show in red for heating or blue for cooling.