Before pairing the iDevices Switch to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using WPA or WPA2 personal security with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network, please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit™ accessories can’t be set up on guest networks. To learn more about adjusting these security settings, click here
Download the latest iDevices Connected App here:
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
In this example setup, we’ll be using an iDevices Switch. The setup process is similar for each iDevices product.
- Tap on the menu button (☰) then, tap "Add Product."
- Tap the product you will be setting up.
- Confirm the product is ready to be setup, then tap “Yes, I am Ready.” The iDevices Connected app may walk you through additional steps to determine the product is ready to set up.
- Scan the 8-digit HomeKit setup code for the product.
- Select the product from the list of available accessories.
- Tap “Allow” to connect the accessory to your Wi-Fi network. Note: Your iOS device will automatically send the password information to the product; you will not be asked to type the password. Please be patient, as this process may take a moment.
- Tap “Switch” to enter a custom name for how the product appears within the app (e.g. Fan, Floor Lamp, Radio, etc.), then choose the room the product is located in (e.g. Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room, etc.). If your product does not have an LED night light, the setup will continue directly to the next step. Customize the night light name for use with Siri. You will also be able to customize the night light from the iDevices Connected app.
- Choose a photo for the product; you can use the default photo or set a custom photo.
- Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings required for your specific product.
- The setup is complete – you can now use your product!