If you are setting up a single pole configuration, the Wall Switch pairs directly to the Wi-Fi® network. For setting up a single pole Wall Switch, please skip to the “Primary Wall Switch Wi-Fi Pairing” section below.
In a 3- or 4-way configuration, the Wall Switches must first pair to each other using Bluetooth, followed by the Wi-Fi network pairing process. Begin with the “3- and 4-way Bluetooth Pairing” steps immediately below, then continue on to the Wi-Fi pairing process.
3- and 4-way Bluetooth Pairing:
1. Ensure power/breaker is turned back ON and the LEDs on all Wall Switches are solid purple.
2. Locate the primary Wall Switch. Hold 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Then, tap 1 to enter pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
3. Next, locate the secondary Wall Switch and repeat the steps above by holding 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Next tap 1 to begin the pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
The secondary Wall Switch will search and pair to the primary Wall Switch. The LED on each Wall Switch will rapidly blink green 5 times and each Wall Switch will beep 5 times to indicate the pairing process is complete.
For a 4-way configuration, repeat the steps above again, starting with step 2, to pair the primary Wall Switch to the remaining secondary Wall Switch.
Primary Wall Switch Wi-Fi Pairing:
1. On the primary Wall Switch, press and hold 6 for 3 seconds and release when the LED rapidly flashes blue. Next Tap 2 to begin the Wi-Fi connection process.
2. Launch the iDevices Connected app and you will be guided through the process of connecting to the network. For iOS devices, you will need the HomeKit™ setup code on the pull-out tab of your primary Wall
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts to ensure a proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit Protocol, which is required for setting up a new product. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
Before pairing the iDevices Wall Switch to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band. It should also be using either None, WPA or WPA2 network security with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network, please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit™ accessories can’t be set up on guest networks. To learn more about adjusting these security settings, click here
Setting up your Wall Switch:
In this example setup, we’ll be using an iDevices Switch, but the setup process is similar for Wall Switch.
1. Tap on the menu button (☰) then, tap "Add Product."
2. Tap the product you will be setting up.
3. Confirm the product is ready to be set up. Tap “Yes, I am Ready.” The iDevices Connected app may walk you through additional steps to determine if the product is ready for setup.
4. Scan the 8-digit HomeKit setup code for the product.
5. Select the product from the list of available accessories.
6. Tap “Allow” to connect the accessory to your Wi-Fi network.
Note: Your iOS device will automatically send the password information to the product; you will not be asked to type the password. Please be patient, as this process may take a moment.
7. Tap “Switch” to create a customized name for the product in the app: Naming Products and Rooms Choose the room the product is located in (e.g. Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room, etc.). If your product does not have an LED night light, the setup will continue directly to the next step. Customize the night light name to control with Siri. You will also be able to customize the night light color and brightness from the iDevices Connected app.
8. Choose a photo for the product; you can use the default photo or set a custom photo.
9. Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings required for your specific product.
10. The setup is complete – you can now use your product!