Before pairing the iDevices Wall Switch to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using either None, WPA or WPA2 network security with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network, please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit™ accessories can’t be set up on guest networks. To learn more about adjusting these security settings, click here
Download the latest iDevices Connected App here:
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
In this example setup, we’ll be using an iDevices Switch. The setup process is similar for each iDevices product.
Wireless Communication Setup:
The wireless setup is a two-step process for 3- and 4-way Wall Switch configuration. First you will pair the primary Wall Switch to the secondary Wall Switch, then you will add the primary Wall Switch to your Wi-Fi® network.
1. Ensure power/breaker is turned back ON and the LED on both Wall Switches are solid purple.
2. Locate the primary Wall Switch. Hold 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Next tap 1 to enter pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
Next locate the secondary Wall Switch. Repeat the steps above on the secondary Wall Switch by holding 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Next tap 1 to begin the pairing mode. The LED will flash blue slowly.
The secondary Wall Switch will search and pair to the primary Wall Switch. The LED on each Wall Switch will rapidly blink green 5 times and each Wall Switch will beep 5 times to indicate the pairing process is complete.
For 4-way, repeat the steps above again to pair the primary Wall Switch to the remaining secondary Wall Switch.
Connecting To The Wireless Network:
1. On the primary Wall Switch press and hold 6 for 3 seconds and release when the LED rapidly flashes blue. Next Tap 2 to begin the Wi-Fi connection process.
2. Launch the iDevices Connected app and you will be guided through the process of connecting your Wall Switches. For iOS devices, you will need the HomeKit™ setup code on the pull out tab of your primary Wall Switch.
Setting up your Wall Switch:
- Tap on the menu button (☰) then, tap "Add Product."
- Tap the product you will be setting up.
- Confirm the product is ready to be setup, then tap “Yes, I am Ready.” The iDevices Connected app may walk you through additional steps to determine the product is ready to set up.
- Scan the 8-digit HomeKit setup code for the product.
- Select the product from the list of available accessories.
- Tap “Allow” to connect the accessory to your Wi-Fi network. Note: Your iOS device will automatically send the password information to the product; you will not be asked to type the password. Please be patient, as this process may take a moment.
- Tap “Switch” to enter a custom name for how the product appears within the app (e.g. Fan, Floor Lamp, Radio, etc.), then choose the room the product is located in (e.g. Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room, etc.). If your product does not have an LED night light, the setup will continue directly to the next step. Customize the night light name for use with Siri. You will also be able to customize the night light from the iDevices Connected app.
- Choose a photo for the product; you can use the default photo or set a custom photo.
- Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings required for your specific product.
- The setup is complete – you can now use your product!