If you are setting up a single-pole configuration, the Dimmer Switch pairs directly to the Wi-Fi® network. For setting up a single-pole Dimmer Switch, please skip to the “Primary Dimmer Switch Wi-Fi Pairing” section below.
In a 3- or 4-way configuration, the Dimmer Switches must first pair to each other using Bluetooth, followed by the Wi-Fi network pairing process. Begin with the “3- and 4-way Bluetooth Pairing” steps immediately below, then continue on to the Wi-Fi pairing process.
3- and 4-way Bluetooth Pairing:
1. Locate the primary Dimmer Switch, press and hold button 6 for 3 seconds and release when the LED rapidly flashes blue.
2. Next, tap button 1 to enter the Bluetooth pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
3. Locate the secondary Dimmer Switch and repeat steps 1 and 2 to place the secondary Dimmer Switch into pairing mode.
4. Wait momentarily while the secondary Dimmer Switch searches and pairs to the primary Dimmer Switch. The LED on each Dimmer Switch will rapidly blink green 5 times and each Dimmer Switch will beep 5 times to indicate the pairing process is complete.
5. For 4-way configurations repeat steps 1 through 4 to pair the remaining secondary Dimmer Switch to the primary.
6. On the primary Dimmer Switch, press and hold button 6 for 3 seconds and release when the LED rapidly flashes blue.
Primary Dimmer Switch Wi-Fi Pairing:
1. On the Dimmer Switch, press and hold button 6 for 3 seconds and release when the LED rapidly flashes blue.
2. Next, tap button 2 to begin the Wi-Fi connection process. The LED will slowly flash blue.
3. Launch the iDevices Connected app and you will be guided through the process of connecting to the network. For iOS devices, you will need the HomeKit™ setup code on the pull-out tab of your primary Dimmer Switch.
Setting up your Dimmer Switch:
After installing in your iDevices Dimmer Switch and completing the pairing process, follow the steps below to connect the Dimmer Switch to your iOS device:
In the screens below, we’re using an iDevices Switch, but the setup process is similar for Dimmer Switch.
1. Download the latest version of the iDevices Connected app here:
2. Before pairing the iDevices product to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your iOS device is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band.
3. Open the iDevices Connected app and allow all of the prompts that appear on-screen. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to your iOS Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
4. If this is a new home, tap the “Add my Product” button. For adding to an existing home, tap on the menu button (☰) then, “Add Product.
5. Tap the product you will be setting up.
6. Confirm the product is ready to be set up. Tap “Yes, I am Ready.” The iDevices Connected app may walk you through additional steps to determine if the product is ready for setup.
7. Scan the 8-digit HomeKit setup code for the product.
8. Select the product from the available accessories.
9. Tap “Allow” to connect the accessory to your Wi-Fi network.
Note: Your iOS device will automatically send the password information to the product; you will not be asked to type the password. This process may take a moment.
10. Tap “Switch” to create a customized name for the product in the app. Visit Naming Products and Rooms to learn best practices for naming.
11. Customize the night light name to control it with Siri. If your product does not have an LED night light, the setup will continue directly to the next step.
12. On iOS 13, you'll be prompted to add the product to suggested Scenes, then tap "Done."
13. Choose a photo for the product; you can use the default photo or set a custom photo.
14. Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings for your specific product.
Note: If you’re on iOS 14, after adding and customizing your product, you may receive an error that states, “Something went wrong during setup.” Tap the X in the upper left-hand corner to close the window and ensure the product you added is available for control from the home dashboard.