Before pairing the iDevices product to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band. It should also be using either None, WPA or WPA2 network security with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network, please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit™ accessories can’t be set up on guest networks. To learn more about adjusting these security settings, click here
Download the latest version of the iDevices Connected app here:
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts to ensure a proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit Protocol, which is required for setting up a new product. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
Setting up your product:
In this example setup, we’ll be using an iDevices Switch. The setup process is similar for each iDevices product.
1. Tap on the menu button (☰) then, tap "Add Product."
2. Tap the product you will be setting up.
3. Confirm the product is ready to be set up. Tap “Yes, I am Ready.” The iDevices Connected app may walk you through additional steps to determine if the product is ready for setup.
4. Scan the 8-digit HomeKit setup code for the product.
5. Select the product from the list of available accessories.
6. Tap “Allow” to connect the accessory to your Wi-Fi network.
Note: Your iOS device will automatically send the password information to the product; you will not be asked to type the password. Please be patient, as this process may take a moment.
7. Tap “Switch” to create a customized name for the product in the app: Naming Products and Rooms Choose the room the product is located in (e.g. Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room, etc.). If your product does not have an LED night light, the setup will continue directly to the next step. Customize the night light name to control with Siri. You will also be able to customize the night light color and brightness from the iDevices Connected app.
8. Choose a photo for the product; you can use the default photo or set a custom photo.
9. Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings required for your specific product.
Note: If you’re on iOS 14, after adding and customizing your product, you may receive an error that states, “Something went wrong during setup.” Tap the X in the upper right-hand corner to close the window and ensure the product you added is available for control from the home dashboard.