The following article applies to iOS devices only.
If your iDevices product shows "Unreachable" in the app when you're not connected to your home Wi-Fi® network and you do not have an Apple Home Hub, try the following:
- Connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Verify you can control all of your iDevices products within the iDevices Connected app.
- Delete the iDevices app from your device (you will not have to reset or setup your products).
- Download the iDevices Connected app from the Apple App Store.
- When you open the iDevices app, allow the prompts to ensure your products appear again in the iDevices Connected app.
- Confirm you can control your products.
- To test remote connectivity, temporarily turn off Wi-Fi on your device and open the iDevices app. The toggle should appear after several seconds. Remote access takes longer for the toggle to appear compared to when you're connected to your home Wi-Fi network — this is normal.
If your iDevices Thermostat shows "Unreachable" in the app while connected to your home Wi-Fi network, try the following:
- In the settings of your iOS device, turn Wi-Fi off and turn it back on. Then tap the arrows in the app to reconnect to your Thermostat.
- If turning Wi-Fi off and back on does not resolve the issue, remove the Thermostat faceplate from the mounting plate. Wait 10 seconds, ensure that you DO NOT have any buttons pressed on the Thermostat and place the Thermostat on the mounting plate. clicking into place. Then tap the arrows in the app to reconnect to your Thermostat.
If unplugging the Thermostat and plugging it back in does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below to reset your Thermostat and set it up again. Note: Resetting the device will remove all pairings, schedules and scenes associated with this product.
- Delete the Thermostat from the iDevices app. Tap on the Thermostat, tap “Edit”, scroll down and tap “Delete”.
- On the face of the Thermostat, tap the Gear button
- Scroll to Setup using the up and down arrows and tap the Gear again to select
- Scroll to Reset and select it
- Press and hold the Gear button for 10 seconds until the Thermostat says "Restored"
- The Thermostat will restart and display, "Connecting Thermostat to Network"
- Open the iDevices Connected, tap "Thermostat-XXXXX"
- Follow the on screen directions to finish the setup
After the Thermostat is reconnected make sure you complete any available firmware updates as this will most likely resolve the connection issue you were experiencing. For instructions on updating the firmware: Click Here.