If your iDevices Thermostat shows "Product Unavailable" in the iDevices Connected app when you're not connected to your home Wi-Fi® network and you do not have an Apple Home Hub, try the following:
- Connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Verify you can control all of your iDevices products within the iDevices Connected app.
- Delete the iDevices Connected app from your device (you will not have to reset or setup your products).
- Download the iDevices Connected app from the Apple App Store.
- When you open the iDevices Connected app, allow all of the prompt requests to ensure your products appear again in the iDevices Connected app.
- Confirm you can control your products.
- To test remote connectivity, temporarily turn off Wi-Fi on your device and open the iDevices Connected app. The product status should appear after several seconds. Remote access takes longer for the connection status to appear than when you're connected to your home Wi-Fi network—this is normal.
If your iDevices Thermostat shows "Product Unavailable" in the iDevices Connected app while connected to your home Wi-Fi network, try the following:
- In the settings of your iOS device, turn Wi-Fi off and turn it back on. Then tap the arrows in the iDevices Connected app to reconnect to your Thermostat.
- If turning Wi-Fi off and back on does not resolve the issue, remove the Thermostat faceplate from the mounting plate. Wait 10 seconds, ensure that you DO NOT have any buttons pressed on the Thermostat and place the Thermostat on the mounting plate, clicking into place. Then tap the arrows in the iDevices Connected app to reconnect to your Thermostat.
If unplugging the Thermostat and plugging it back in does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below to reset your Thermostat and set it up again:
Note: Resetting the Thermostat will remove all pairings, schedules, and scenes associated with this product.
- Delete the Thermostat from the iDevices Connected app. (Tap on the Thermostat, tap the product name in the upper left-hand corner, scroll down and tap “Delete.”)
- On the face of the Thermostat, tap the Gear button.
- Scroll to "Setup" using the up and down arrows and tap the Gear again to select.
- Scroll to "Reset" and select it.
- Press and hold the Gear button for 10 seconds until the Thermostat says "Restored."
- The Thermostat will restart and walk you through setting the details of your HVAC system.
- Once the 8-digit pairing code is shown on the Thermostat display, open the iDevices Connected app.
- Tap the menu (☰).
- Tap "+ Add Product."
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the setup.
After the Thermostat is reconnected, make sure you complete any available firmware updates as this will most likely resolve the connection issue you were experiencing. For instructions on updating the firmware, read Downloading New Firmware.