Before pairing the iDevices Thermostat to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using WPA or WPA2-PSK with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network, please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit™ accessories can't be set up on guest networks.
1. The Thermostat will walk you through setting the appropriate HVAC settings for your system. Tap the Gear button to start.
2. Set the HVAC Type:
HP for Heat Pump or Non HP for Conventional Systems
3. If you selected Heat Pump (HP), you will now set the OB Type:
Select O or B based off of the reversing valve for your HVAC system
4. If you selected Non Heat Pump/Conventional (Non HP), you will now set the Fuel Type:
Select HE for Electric Heat or HG for Gas or Fuel Oil
5. Set the Relay Type for the HUM terminal:
Off (No wire connected to HUM), W3/Aux Heat, Humid (Humidification), Dehumid (Dehumidification)
6. Next, the display will show the Setup Summary which allows you to review the selected settings. Tap the Gear button to save your selections or tap the back arrow to go back and adjust the selections.
7. You will now start the process of connecting the Thermostat to your Wi-Fi network and the iDevices Connected app; tap the gear button to start.
8. Select Android.
9. Continue to the steps below.
1. Verify your Bluetooth is turned ON and you're connected to your Wi-Fi network. Open the iDevices Connected app. Tap the menu button (☰) in the upper left-hand corner, then tap Add Product.
2. The iDevices Connected app with recognize the Thermostat and begin the pairing process. If more than one product is in pairing mode, the app will ask you if the identification icon appears on the Thermostat display. Locate the Thermostat that is identifying itself to continue setup of that product.
3. Hold your Android device close to the Thermostat, within 1".
4. Select your Wi-Fi network from the list; you will be prompted to enter the password for the network.
5. The iDevices app will join the Thermostat to your Wi-Fi network.
6. The iDevices app will automatically run any available firmware updates for your Thermostat.
7. Once the update is complete you'll be asked to choose a name and photo for your iDevices Thermostat. You can choose a default option or you can choose a custom option.
8. Name the room the Thermostat is located in. Enter a custom name or choose a name from the list of suggestions.
9. The iDevices app will walk you through creating schedules for your iDevices Thermostat. If you skip this step now you can create a Schedule from the iDevices Connected app later by tapping on the Calendar icon at the top.
10. Register your iDevices Thermostat.
11. Your setup is complete!