Before pairing the iDevices Thermostat to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using WPA or WPA2-PSK with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network, please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit™ accessories can't be set up on guest networks.
1. The Thermostat will walk you through setting the appropriate HVAC settings for your system. Tap the Gear button to start.
2. Set the HVAC Type:
HP for Heat Pump or Non HP for Conventional Systems
3. If you selected Heat Pump (HP), you will now set the OB Type:
Select O or B based off of the reversing valve for your HVAC system
4. If you selected Non Heat Pump/Conventional (Non HP), you will now set the Fuel Type:
Select HE for Electric Heat or HG for Gas or Fuel Oil
5. Set the Relay Type for the HUM terminal:
Off (No wire connected to HUM), W3/Aux Heat, Humid (Humidification), Dehumid (Dehumidification)
6. Next, the display will show the Setup Summary which allows you to review the selected settings. Tap the Gear button to save your selections or tap the back arrow to go back and adjust the selections.
7. You will now start the process of connecting the Thermostat to your Wi-Fi network and the iDevices app, tap the gear button to start.
8. Select iOS
9. Continue to the steps below for setting up with an iOS device.
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
If Home Data or Synchronize Custom Home were OFF, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and toggle your Wi-Fi OFF and then back ON, before setting up your product.
Setting up your Thermostat:
In this example setup, we’ll be using an iDevices Switch, but the setup process is similar for Thermostat.
1. Tap the 3 lines (☰) in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Tap "Add Product."
3. Select the product from the list of devices in pairing mode.
4. Your product will connect to the Wi-Fi network your iOS device is connected to, tap "Next."
5. The LED on the product will turn solid blue to indicate it has successfully joined your Wi-Fi network.
6. To ensure the app is adding the correct product, it will ask you to confirm its identity. The LED on the product will blink purple to indicate it is the new product being added, tap "Yes" to continue.
7. If this is your first HomeKit product, you'll be prompted to create your home and your first room.
8. When prompted, scan the 8-digit pin noted on the product or on the pull-out tab
9. The app will now walk you through setting up your iDevices product. Select a name for your product.
10. Select a name for how Siri® recognizes the LED nightlight on the product. If your product does not have an LED, the iDevices Connected app will automatically continue to the next step.
11. Choose a photo for the product. You can use the default photo or take a custom photo.
12. Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings required for your specific product.
13. Your iDevices product is now setup!