To ensure safe usage of your iDevices Thermostat and to prevent damages not covered under the products 2-year Limited Warranty, please adhere to the following guidelines:
Your safety comes first! If you don’t feel comfortable installing your iDevices Thermostat, contact a local HVAC contractor.
- Avoid close proximity to pacemakers. FCC - Wireless Devices and Health Concerns
- iDevices Thermostat is certified for use in the US, Canada, and Australia only.
- Do not set the unit to COOL mode if the outside temperature is below 50ºF (10ºC). This could damage your system.
- iDevices Thermostat uses capacitive touch buttons. All that is needed to activate the buttons is a gentle touch. Be careful not to press too firmly on the buttons to avoid causing damage.
- iDevices Thermostat must be installed in a manner that conforms to all applicable national, state, and local building codes.
- Only use an electrical input between 18-30VAC. Power inputs outside of this range could cause damage to the iDevices Thermostat and/or your HVAC system.
- Turn all power to your old thermostat and HVAC system OFF before installing or removing the iDevices Thermostat.
- Do not expose the iDevices Thermostat to any form of liquid. If cleaning is required, it must be done with cleaning wipes or solutions approved for use with electronics.
- Keep excessive dust and debris from getting in the vents on the housing of your iDevices Thermostat. This could cause the temperature sensor to read inaccurately.
- Ambient operating conditions: 32º F to 104º F (0º C to 40º C), 0-90% humidity, non-condensing.
- Do not attempt to open, service or otherwise modify the iDevices Thermostat or its internal components.