The Terminal labeled “HUM” serves as a multi-purpose relay to allow for Humidification, Dehumidification, W3 (3rd Stage Heat) or AUX heat (for heat pump systems).
If the Thermostat is on the latest firmware, you’ll be walked through configuring the HUM Relay during the initial setup on the Thermostat display, prior to pairing to the iDevices Connected app.
If you’re not walked through setting this configuration during initial setup, run any applicable firmware updates once you’ve paired to the iDevices Connected app. For instructions on updating the firmware, Click Here. Then, follow these steps to set up the HUM relay for your system:
- Press the Gear on the Thermostat
- Use the arrows to scroll down to “Setup”
- Press the Gear to select “Setup”
- Press down to “Relay” and press the Gear to select.
- Select the ‘Relay’ for your system using arrow buttons.
- Press the Gear to continue.
- The Thermostat will display a summary of the settings you’ve selected.