If your Thermostat is running the latest firmware, you will be walked through setting the HVAC type during the initial setup on the Thermostat display, prior to pairing to your phone. If your Thermostat is on older firmware, you’ll be brought through pairing to your phone first, then you must set HVAC Type to ensure the system runs properly. Follow the steps below:
- Press the gear button on your iDevices Thermostat.
- Use the arrow buttons to scroll to ‘Setup’ and press the gear button to select.
- Use the arrow buttons to scroll to ‘HVAC TYPE’ and press the gear button to select.
- Using the arrow buttons to scroll and the gear button to select, set the Stage and Type for your system configuration:
- Stage: HP (Heat Pump) OR Non HP (Non Heat Pump or Conventional)
- Type: HE (Electric Heat) OR HG (Gas or Fuel Oil)
- If you have a heat pump, set O/B Type appropriate for your system.