Before pairing the iDevices Outdoor Switch to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using WPA or WPA2-Personal security with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network, please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit accessories can not be set-up on Guest Networks. Download the latest version of the iDevices connected app here:
1. Please ensure Bluetooth is enabled. Bluetooth is used to pair your Android device and Smart Home Product.
2. Please ensure Wi-Fi is enabled. After pairing is complete all communication between your Android device and smart home product is done via Wi-Fi.
3. Make note of your Wi-Fi network name and password for later in the setup process.
4. Locate and launch the iDevices Connected App.
5. Plug in or install your iDevices smart home product.
6. Select your Google account to link to the iDevices Connected app when prompted.
7. Tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner (☰).
8. Tap "Add Product."
9. The iDevices Connected app will locate the product in pairing mode. If more than one product is in pairing mode, the app will ask you to identify if the LED is flashing purple. Locate the product flashing purple to continue setup of that product.
10. Choose the Wi-Fi network that your product will pair to.
11. The product will pair via Bluetooth, then connect to the Wi-Fi network.
12. Name your product; choose a suggested name or enter a custom name.
13. Select a photo for your product; use the default photo or take a custom photo.
14. Select a room for your product to be located in.
15. Register your product.
16. Your product setup is complete. Tap "Start Using Product."