Before pairing the iDevices Socket to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using WPA or WPA2-Personal security with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network, please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial setup. HomeKit accessories can't be set up on guest networks. Download the latest version of the iDevices Connected app here:
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit™ Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
If Home Data or Synchronize Custom Home were OFF, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and toggle your Wi-Fi OFF and then back ON, before setting up your product.
Setting up your Socket:
In this example setup, we’ll be using an iDevices Switch, but the setup process is similar for Socket.
1. Tap the 3 lines (☰) in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Tap "Add Product."
3. Select the product from the list of devices in pairing mode.
4. Your product will connect to the Wi-Fi network your iOS device is connected to, tap "Next."
5. The LED on the product will turn solid blue to indicate it has successfully joined your Wi-Fi network.
6. To ensure the app is adding the correct product, it will ask you to confirm its identity. The LED on the product will blink purple to indicate it is the new product being added, tap "Yes" to continue.
7. If this is your first HomeKit product, you'll be prompted to create your home and your first room.
8. When prompted, scan the 8-digit pin noted on the product or on the pull-out tab
9. The app will now walk you through setting up your iDevices product. Select a name for your product.
10. Select a name for how Siri® recognizes the LED nightlight on the product.
11. Choose a photo for the product. You can use the default photo or take a custom photo.
12. Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings required for your specific product.
13. Your iDevices product is now setup!