The iDevices Socket incorporates a convenient trimming feature that easily adjusts the minimum and maximum brightness levels required for some LED and CFL bulbs to prevent “bulb flicker” at low levels. Setting dim levels allows you to optimize the brightness range of your bulb so it smoothly ramps when brightening and doesn't flash when dimming. During setup, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through testing and setting the dim levels.
To adjust the dim levels after setup:
1. Tap on the name of your Socket
2. Tap the product name in the top left-hand corner
3. Scroll down and select "Dim Levels"
4. The app will now walk you through setting the dim levels for you particular bulb. Select the type of bulb you're using.
5. The app will test the bulb by dimming the bulb and it will ask you to confirm if the bulb is flashing. Choose "No, It's Not Flashing" to continue the test or choose "Yes, customize this level" to resolve the flashing.
6. The app will now brighten the bulb and it will ask you to confirm if the transition was smooth. Choose "Yes, it was smooth" to complete the test or choose "No, customize this level" to resolve the brightness.
7. Your dim levels are now set; tap "Done" to save.