Your safety is important to us. Electricity is dangerous and can cause personal injury and property damage if handled improperly. A working knowledge of electrical installation is required to install this product. If you are not comfortable working with electricity do not attempt to install the iDevices Wall Switch and seek professional assistance from a qualified electrician.
Installation - Single Pole:
Single pole switches are used to control one or more lights/fixtures from a single location.
1. Turn OFF the power at the circuit breaker.
2. Remove the existing faceplate and switch from the gang box. Take a photo of the existing wiring for future reference.
3. Confirm the gang box contains a neutral wire (typically white). If there are no neutral wires present, you may need to run additional wires; please consult a qualified electrician.
Note: Your home’s wiring may differ; please consult a qualified electrician.
4. Remove both wires from the terminals of the existing switch and cap with the provided wire nuts. Note: If you have more than two wires connected to your switch (not including the bare copper or green-coated ground wire), please see the 3- and 4-way installation instructions. It's not necessary to remove the ground wire.
5. Turn the power back ON at the breaker. Using your voltage detector, identify which of the two wires you removed is energized. This is the “line” wire. The wire that is not energized is the “load” wire. Note these two wires for future reference.
6. Turn the power back OFF at the breaker and install the iDevices Wall Switch according to the diagram. Ensure all wire nuts are securely fastened.
7. Install the Wall Switch into the gang box and install the faceplate.
8. Turn the power back ON at the circuit breaker and confirm that the LED on the Wall Switch lights up purple.
For instructions on setup, follow the links below: