If your iDevices Wall Outlet shows "Product Unavailable" in the iDevices Connected app when you're not connected to your home Wi-Fi® network and you do not have an Apple Home Hub, try the following:
- Connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Verify you can control all of your iDevices products within the iDevices Connected app.
- Delete the iDevices Connected app from your device (you will not have to reset or setup your products).
- Download the iDevices Connected app from the Apple App Store.
- When you open the iDevices Connected app, allow all of the prompt requests to ensure your products appear again in the app.
- Confirm you can control your products.
- To test remote connectivity, temporarily turn off Wi-Fi on your device and open the iDevices Connected app. The product status should appear after several seconds. Remote access takes longer for the connection status to appear than when you're connected to your home Wi-Fi network—this is normal.
If your iDevices Wall Outlet shows "Product Unavailable" in the iDevices Connected app while connected to your home Wi-Fi network, try the following:
- In the settings of your iOS device, turn Wi-Fi off and turn it back on. Then tap the arrows in the iDevices Connected app to reconnect to your Wall Outlet.
- If turning Wi-Fi off and back on does not resolve the issue, press the "Device Reboot" button (the small circle button to the right of the On/Off buttons in the middle). Then tap the arrows in the iDevices Connected app to reconnect to your Wall Outlet.
If rebooting the Wall Outlet does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below to reset your Wall Outlet and set it up again:
Note: Resetting the Wall Outlet will remove all pairings, schedules, and scenes associated with this product.
- Delete the Wall Outlet from the iDevices Connected app. (Tap on the Wall Outlet, tap the product name in the upper left-hand corner, scroll down and tap “Delete.”)
- Hold down either On/Off buttons in the middle until the LED light rapidly flashes red for 5 seconds.
- Let go of the button on the Wall Outlet.
- The Wall Outlet LED light will flash blue indicating the Wall Outlet is ready for pairing.
- Open the iDevices Connected app.
- Tap the menu (☰).
- Tap "+ Add Product."
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the setup.
After the Wall Outlet is reconnected, make sure you complete any available firmware updates as this will most likely resolve the connection issue you were experiencing. For instructions on updating the firmware, read Downloading New Firmware.