The following article applies to iOS devices only.
If your iDevices product shows "Unreachable" in the app when you're not connected to your home Wi-Fi® network and you do not have an Apple Home Hub, try the following:
- Connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Verify you can control all of your iDevices products within the iDevices Connected app.
- Delete the iDevices app from your device (you will not have to reset or setup your products).
- Download the iDevices Connected app from the Apple App Store.
- When you open the iDevices app, allow the prompts to ensure your products appear again in the iDevices Connected app.
- Confirm you can control your products.
- To test remote connectivity, temporarily turn off Wi-Fi on your device and open the iDevices app. The toggle should appear after several seconds. Remote access takes longer for the toggle to appear compared to when you're connected to your home Wi-Fi network; this is normal.
If your iDevices Wall Switch shows "Unreachable" in the app while connected to your home Wi-Fi network, try the following:
- In the settings of your iOS device, turn Wi-Fi off and turn it back on. Then tap the arrows to try and reconnect the Wall Switch.
- If turning Wi-Fi off and back on does not resolve the issue, press the Device Reboot button on the bottom right-hand corner of the Wall Switch. Wait 10 seconds, then tap arrows to reconnect to your Wall Switch.
If rebooting Wall Switch does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below to reset your Wall Switch and set it up again. Note: Resetting the device will remove all pairings, schedules and scenes associated with this product.
- Delete the Wall Switch from the iDevices app, tap on the Wall Switch, tap the “Edit”, scroll down and tap “Delete”.
- Hold down the button Pairing Setup button, on the bottom left-hand corner on Wall Switch until the LED light rapidly flashes red.
- Let go of the button on the Wall Switch.
- The Wall Switch LED light will turn solid purple, put the Wall Switch into pairing mode by holding the Pairing Setup button for 3 seconds until the LED rapidly flashes blue, let go and tap OFF. The LED will flash blue indicating the Wall Switch is ready for pairing.
- Open the iDevices Connected app and follow the on-screen directions to finish setting up your Wall Switch.
After the Wall Switch is reconnected make sure you complete any available firmware updates as this will most likely resolve the connection issue you were experiencing. For instructions on updating the firmware, Click Here.