When the iDevices Connected app says "iCloud is Synchronizing," this indicates that your iOS device is attempting to sync home data from your iCloud account. While this sync is in process, Apple's HomeKit platform will not allow the product setup to proceed.
Typically, the issue resolves itself after several hours. Please wait for a few hours and then try again.
If the issue persists settings may need to be adjusted, try the steps below:
- Open your iOS Settings app
- Tap your name at the top of the Settings app
- Tap iCloud
- Ensure Keychain and Home are both turned ON
- Check the iDevices Connected app, if "iCloud is Synchronizing" has disappeared, continue with product setup.
If "iCloud is Synchronizing" continues to show:
- Open the Apple Home App which will show “Loading Accessories and Scenes."
- After approximately 30 minutes, the option "Reset Home Configuration..." will appear at the bottom of the Home app.
- Tap "Reset Home Configuration..." to reset the Home data.
- Once the reset is complete, you can return to the iDevices Connected app to set up your product.