If your iDevices Dimmer Switch shows "Product Unavailable" in the app when you're not connected to your home Wi-Fi® network and you do not have an Apple Home Hub, try the following:
- Connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Verify you can control all of your iDevices products within the iDevices Connected app.
- Delete the iDevices Connected app from your device (you will not have to reset or setup your products).
- Download the iDevices Connected app from the Apple App Store.
- When you open the iDevices app, allow all of the prompt requests to ensure your products appear again in the app.
- Confirm you can control your products.
- To test remote connectivity, temporarily turn off Wi-Fi on your device and open the iDevices Connected app. The product status should appear after several seconds. Remote access takes longer for the connection status to appear than when you're connected to your home Wi-Fi network—this is normal.
If your iDevices Dimmer Switch shows "Product Unavailable" in the iDevices Connected app while connected to your home Wi-Fi network, try the following:
- In the settings of your iOS device, turn Wi-Fi off and turn it back on. Then tap the arrows in the iDevices Connected app to reconnect to your Dimmer Switch.
- If turning Wi-Fi off and back on doesn't resolve the issue, press button 5 on the bottom right-hand corner of the Dimmer Switch. Wait 10 seconds, then tap arrows in the iDevices Connected app to reconnect to your Dimmer Switch.
If rebooting Dimmer Switch does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below to reset your Dimmer Switch and set it up again:
Note: Resetting the Dimmer Switch will remove all pairings, schedules, and scenes associated with this product.
- Delete the Dimmer Switch from the iDevices Connected app. (Tap on the Dimmer Switch, tap the product name in the upper left-hand corner, scroll down and tap “Delete.”)
- Hold down the button 6, on the bottom left-hand corner on Dimmer Switch until the LED light rapidly flashes red for 5 seconds.
- Let go of the button on the Dimmer Switch.
- The Dimmer Switch LED light will turn solid purple. Put the Dimmer Switch into pairing mode by holding button 6 for 3 seconds until the LED rapidly flashes blue; let go and tap 2. The LED will flash blue indicating the Dimmer Switch is ready for pairing.
- Open the iDevices Connected app.
- Tap the menu (☰).
- Tap "+ Add Product."
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the setup.
After the Dimmer Switch is reconnected, make sure you complete any available firmware updates as this will most likely resolve the connection issue you were experiencing. For instructions on updating the firmware, read Downloading New Firmware.