To ensure safe usage of your iDevices Dimmer Switch and to prevent damages not covered under the 2-Year Limited Warranty provided with your iDevices Dimmer Switch, please follow the below guidelines.
Risk of electric shock, severe burns and fire: Your safety is important to us. Electricity is dangerous and can cause personal injury and property damage if handled improperly. A working knowledge of electrical installation is required to install this product. If you are not comfortable working with electricity do not attempt to install the iDevices Dimmer Switch and seek professional assistance from a qualified electrician.
- Dimmer Switch is not intended for critical medical or life support equipment.
- Dimmer Switch is certified for use in the US and Canada only.
- Use caution when using the iDevices Dimmer Switch to control any appliances which produce heat, mechanical motion, or could create a hazardous condition when operated while unattended.
- Dimmer Switch must be installed in a manner that conforms to all applicable national, state, and local building codes.
- Dimmer Switch is intended for dry, indoor use only.
- Dimmer Switch should not be used to control ceiling fans or ceiling fan lights.
- Use with branch circuit breaker 20A or less.
- Use only copper or copper-clad wire with this device.
- Wherever possible, install the iDevices Dimmer Switch in a non-metallic gang box and use a non-metallic faceplate, as metal gang boxes and faceplates can decrease the Wi-Fi signal strength.
- To avoid overheating and damage to other equipment, do not use Dimmer Switch to control receptacles, fluorescent lighting fixtures, motor-operated or transformer-supplied appliances.
- It is normal for Dimmer Switch to feel warm to the touch during use.
- Ambient operating conditions: 32º F to 104º F (0º C to 40º C), 0-90% humidity, non-condensing.
- Dimmer Switch is not user-serviceable, so please do not attempt to open the enclosure for any reason.
- In dual gang installations, the connected incandescent/halogen load must not exceed 350W for each of the two iDevices Dimmer Switches.
- In triple gang installations, the connected incandescent/halogen load must not exceed 300W for each of the three iDevices Dimmer Switches.