Wireless Communication Setup:
The wireless setup is a two-step process for a 3- and 4-way Dimmer Switch configurations. First, you will pair the primary Dimmer Switch to the secondary Dimmer Switch, then you will add the primary Dimmer Switch to your Wi-Fi® network.
1. Ensure power/breaker is turned back ON and the LED on both Dimmer Switches are solid purple.
2. Locate the primary Dimmer Switch. Hold 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Then, tap 1 to enter pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
Next, locate the secondary Dimmer Switch. Repeat the steps above on the secondary Dimmer Switch by holding 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Next tap 1 to begin the pairing mode. The LED will flash blue slowly.
The secondary Dimmer Switch will search and pair to the primary Dimmer Switch. The LED on each Dimmer Switch will rapidly blink green 5 times and each Dimmer Switch will beep 5 times to indicate the pairing process is complete.
For 4-way, repeat the steps above again to pair the Primary Dimmer Switch to the remaining secondary Dimmer Switch.
Connecting To The Wireless Network:
1. On the primary Dimmer Switch, press and hold 6 for 3 seconds and release when the LED rapidly flashes blue. Next Tap 2 to begin the Wi-Fi connection process.
2. Launch the iDevices Connected app and you will be guided through the process of connecting your Dimmer Switches. For iOS devices, you will need the HomeKit™ setup code on the pull out tab of your primary Dimmer Switch.
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on the screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
If Home Data or Synchronize Custom Home were OFF, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and toggle your Wi-Fi OFF and then back ON, before setting up your product.
Setting up your Dimmer Switch:
1. Available devices will be shown at the top of the app.
4. Your product will connect to the Wi-Fi network your iOS device is connected to.
5. The LED will turn solid blue to indicate it has successfully joined your home network.
6. To ensure the app is adding the correct product, the app will ask you to confirm its identity. The LED on the Dimmer Switch will blink purple to indicate it is the new product being added.
7. If this is your first HomeKit product, you'll be prompted to create your home and your first room.
8. When prompted, enter the 8-digit pin previously noted on the side of the Dimmer Switch or on the pull out tab.
9. The app will now walk you through setting up your iDevices Dimmer Switch. Select a name for your product.
10. Select a name for how Siri® recognizes the LED nightlight on the product.
11. Choose a photo for the product. You can use the default photo or take a custom photo.
12. The app will now walk you through setting the dim levels for your particular bulb. Select the type of bulb you're using.
13. The app will test the bulb by dimming the bulb and it will ask you to confirm if the bulb is flashing. Choose "No, It's Not Flashing" to continue the test or choose "Yes, customize this level" to resolve the flashing.
14. The app will now brighten the bulb and it will ask you to confirm if the transition was smooth. Choose "Yes, it was smooth" to complete the test or choose "No, customize this level" to resolve the brightness.
15. Your bulb is now set up; tap "Next" to continue the setup.
16. Choose the room your product is located in.
17. Your iDevices Dimmer Switch is now setup!