If you are setting up a single pole configuration, the Dimmer Switch pairs directly to the Wi-Fi® network. For setting up a single pole Dimmer Switch, please skip to the “Primary Dimmer Switch Wi-Fi Pairing” section below.
In a 3- or 4-way configuration, the Dimmer Switches must first pair to each other using Bluetooth, followed by the Wi-Fi network pairing process. Begin with the “3- and 4-way Bluetooth Pairing” steps immediately below, then continue on to the Wi-Fi pairing process.
3- and 4-way Bluetooth Pairing:
1. Ensure power/breaker is turned back ON and the LEDs on all Dimmer Switches are solid purple.
2. Locate the primary Dimmer Switch. Hold 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Then, tap 1 to enter pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
3. Next, locate the secondary Dimmer Switch and repeat the steps above by holding 6 until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Next tap 1 to begin the pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
The secondary Dimmer Switch will search and pair to the primary Dimmer Switch. The LED on each Dimmer Switch will rapidly blink green 5 times and each Dimmer Switch will beep 5 times to indicate the pairing process is complete.
For a 4-way configuration, repeat the steps above again, starting with step 2, to pair the primary Dimmer Switch to the remaining secondary Dimmer Switch.
Primary Dimmer Switch Wi-Fi Pairing:
1. On the primary Dimmer Switch, press and hold 6 for 3 seconds and release when the LED rapidly flashes blue. Next Tap 2 to begin the Wi-Fi connection process
2. Launch the iDevices Connected app and you will be guided through the process of connecting to the network. For iOS devices, you will need the HomeKit™ setup code on the pull-out tab of your primary Dimmer Switch.
Note: When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on the screen. Allow these prompts to ensure Apple’s HomeKit Protocol connects properly. If you didn’t allow one of the prompts, please go to your iOS Settings > iDevices to be sure that everything is turned ON.
Note: If Home Data or Synchronize Custom Home were OFF, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and toggle your Wi-Fi OFF and then back ON, before setting up your product.
Before pairing the iDevices Dimmer Switch to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your mobile device connected to a 2.4 GHz network. Click Here for more information.
Setting up your Dimmer Switch:
In this example setup, we’ll be using an iDevices Switch, but the setup process is similar for Dimmer Switch.
1. Tap the 3 lines (☰) in the upper left-hand corner.
2. Tap "Add Product."
3. Select the product from the list of devices in pairing mode.
4. Your product will connect to the Wi-Fi network your iOS device is connected to, tap "Next."
5. The LED on the product will turn solid blue to indicate it has successfully joined your Wi-Fi network.
6. To ensure the app is adding the correct product, it will ask you to confirm its identity. The LED on the product will blink purple to indicate it is the new product being added, tap "Yes" to continue.
7. If this is your first HomeKit product, you'll be prompted to create your home and your first room.
8. When prompted, scan the 8-digit pin noted on the product or on the pull-out tab
9. The app will now walk you through setting up your iDevices product. Select a name for your product.
10. Select a name for how Siri® recognizes the LED nightlight on the product.
11. Choose a photo for the product. You can use the default photo or take a custom photo.
12. Next, the iDevices Connected app will walk you through any additional customizations or settings required for your specific product.
13. Your iDevices product is now setup!