Within Apple’s HomeKit™ platform you can create different types of groups for your products - Zones or Service Groups. Both types of groups are controlled solely through voice commands.
Zones are a collection of Rooms that you may want to control simultaneously using Siri® (e.g. Upstairs = Master Bedroom and Kids’ Bedrooms).
Service Groups allow you to group together multiple services in order to be controlled by Siri (e.g. A service group called “Recessed Lights” would allow you to turn off/on all of the recessed lights in your home, without controlling all other lighting products, just by saying, “Siri, turn on my Recessed Lights.”)
To create a Group:
- Tap the menu button (☰) in the top right-hand corner
- Select Groups in the menu
- Select “ADD” to the right of Zones or Services Groups
- Selecting Zones will allow you to select the rooms to group into a new Zone and then create a name for that Zone.
- Selecting Service Groups will allow you to select the products you’d like to group into a new service group and then name that service group.
Once the Zone or Service Group is created you can ask Siri to control them by saying things like “Turn on Upstairs” or “Turn on my Recessed Lights.”