A great way to automate your home is by scheduling individual products within the iDevices Connected app. When products are scheduled individually, the schedule is embedded directly onto the product allowing it to run even when the Wi-Fi® network is down.
To schedule iDevices products:
- From the home dashboard, tap "Schedules."
- Tap the + in the upper right-hand corner or if this is your first schedule tap "Create a Schedule."
- Select the product you would like to schedule. If you have an Apple Home Hub you will see an additional option to schedule scenes. To learn how to schedule scenes Click Here
- Choose what the accessory should do in this schedule (turn on, turn off, brightness, temperature setpoint, etc.). For products with a night light, you can also turn the night light on or off within the same schedule. Then, tap "Next"
- Select the day (or days) and time this schedule should take place.
- Review the schedule details, then tap done.
Note: When you first create a schedule, all of your iDevices products must be reachable. If you attempt to create the schedule and receive the error, "Schedule format is no longer supported. Please update firmware then try again." Please update the firmware on the product, then create the schedule again. To learn how to update firmware: Click Here