Automate your home by creating schedules for your iDevices products.
With an Apple Home Hub, you also have the option to schedule scenes that have been created at a time of day or sunrise/sunset. Apple devices that can be setup as a Home Hub are: Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4th Generation, HomePod™, or iPad® running iOS 10 and newer. For more information on using a Home Hub visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207057
1. From your home dashboard, tap the menu button (☰) in the top right-hand corner.
2. Tap "Schedules."
3. Tap "Create a Schedule."
4. Select the product you would like to schedule. If you have an Apple Home Hub you will see an additional option to schedule scenes. Continue to the steps below for creating each type of schedule:
To schedule a product:
1. Choose what the accessory should do in this schedule (turn on, turn off, brightness, temperature set point, etc.). For products with a night light, you can also turn the night light on or off within the same schedule. Then, tap "Next"
2. Select the day (or days) and time this schedule should take place.
3. Review the schedule details, then tap done.
Note: If you attempt to create the schedule and receive, "Error: Invalid Value Type." Please update the firmware, then create the schedule again. To learn how to update firmware: Click Here
To schedule a Scene:
1. Select "Schedule Scenes."
2. Select the Scene you want to schedule or tap "Create New" at the bottom to add a new Scene.
3. Choose when the Scene should occur. Time of day (e.g. Monday-Sunday at 3:00 p.m.) or Sunrise/Sunset (e.g. Monday-Friday at Sunrise).
4. If you’d like to customize the schedule, choose the option(s) below then tap “Next” or choose “Skip” to continue without customizing:
- End Time: Automatically ends the Scene after a period of time
- People: I’m Home, I’m Not Home, Anyone Is Home, No One Is Home
5. Review the Schedule and tap "Done" to save.
Note: If your iDevices HomeKit™ product has the latest firmware version, your iOS device does not need to be in your Wi-Fi® network to activate the schedule. However, when you first create a schedule, all of your iDevices products must be reachable.