After setting up a new product or adjusting a product name, changes will automatically sync over to Google Home within 2 hours. For this automatic sync to complete, your mobile device should remain connected to your home Wi-Fi® network.
If you would like to sync changes immediately, follow the steps below:
- In the iDevices Connected app, tap the menu button (☰)
- Tap "Home Assistants"
- Tap on "Check Link Status"
- When your products are successfully linked, open the Google Home app
- Tap “+ Add”
- Tap “Set up device”
- Tap “Have something already set up?”
- Tap iDevices and choose "Unlink account"
- Then, repeat steps 5-7 and select iDevices from the list
- Follow the steps in the Google Home app to re-link your account
Google Home will now discover your new product or any name changes!
For instructions on updating product names: