After setting up a new product or adjusting a product name, changes will automatically sync over to Google Home within 2 hours. For this automatic sync to complete, your mobile device should remain connected to your home Wi-Fi® network.
If you would like to sync changes immediately, follow the steps below:
- In the iDevices Connected app, tap the menu button (☰)
- Tap "Home Assistants"
- Tap on "Check Link Status"
- When your products are successfully linked, open the Google Home app
- Tap “+” in the upper left-hand corner
- Tap “Set up device”
- Tap “Works with Google”
- Tap iDevices
- Choose "Check for new devices"
- The Google Home app will perform a discovery for devices, and then help you organize your iDevices products into rooms
For instructions on updating product names: