Alexa states, “I couldn’t find a device or group named [name] in your Profile.”
- Open the Amazon Alexa app
- Tap the menu button (☰) at the top left-hand corner
- Tap "Smart Home"
- Check to see if the iDevices product shows up in the list
- If the iDevices product doesn’t show up, tap "Discover Devices"
- When the iDevices product shows up, wait one minute and test the connection with a voice command
- If the voice command doesn’t work, tap "Discover Devices" within the Alexa app again.
Depending on what you named your device, Alexa may have a hard time controlling it. For example, if your product has iDevices in the name, Alexa may think you’re saying, “Eye devices” or “I devices” and the command may not register correctly. You can check the history of voice commands by following these steps:
- Open the Amazon Alexa App
- Go to Settings
- Go to History. This will allow you to see whether or not Alexa understood your command correctly.
Alexa says, “Sorry, the device is not responding.”
- Check to see if the iDevices Connected app is able to control the product.
- If the iDevices Connected app is able to control the device, but Alexa can’t, unplug your device and plug it back in or press the reboot button on Wall Switch and Dimmer Switch.