Alexa states, “I couldn’t find a device or group named [name] in your Profile.”
If this your first iDevices product or you’re adding an additional product to the Connected app, there are a few steps you will need to complete before Alexa will recognize the product.
Once your first iDevices product is set up, visit: Connecting iDevices Products to Alexa
If you have existing iDevices products connected to Alexa and you’ve added a new product, visit: Adding and Renaming Products with Alexa
Product name is not understood by Alexa:
Depending on what you named your device, Alexa may have a hard time controlling it. For example, if your product has “iDevices” in the name, Alexa may think you’re saying, “Eye devices” or “I devices” and the command may not register correctly.
You can check the history of voice commands by following these steps:
- Open the Amazon Alexa App
- Tap the menu button (☰) in the top left-hand corner
- Tap "Settings"
- Tap "Alexa Account"
- Tap "History" - this will allow you to see whether or not Alexa understood your command correctly
To learn more about naming your products, visit: Naming Products and Rooms
Alexa says, “Sorry, the device is not responding.”
- Check to see if the iDevices Connected app is able to control the product by confirming you can turn it ON/OFF.
- If the iDevices Connected app is able to control the product, but Alexa can’t, unplug your product and plug it back in or press the reboot button on Wall Switch, Dimmer Switch or Wall Outlet.