There are several instances in which the product you’re trying to pair to the Instant Switch will not show as being available for pairing, such as:
- Instant Switch cannot pair with Instinct or the iDevices Thermostat.
- iDevices products that need to be updated to newer firmware. To learn how to update your firmware, visit: Downloading New Firmware
- Products made by other companies are not compatible with Instant Switch.
- The product will not show for pairing if its pairing limit has been reached. Only 1 iDevices product can pair with 1 Instant Switch. For Wall Switch and Dimmer Switch, secondary switches are included in this pairing. For single-pole configurations (one switch controlling one set of lights), 2 Instant Switches can be added. For 3-way configurations (two switches controlling one set of lights), 1 Instant Switch can be added.
- The product will not show for pairing if it is listed as “Product Unavailable” in the iDevices Connected app. If the product is unavailable you’ll see the circle arrows on the upper right-hand corner of its icon. Click the product below for more information on getting reconnected:
Note: Wall Outlet allows for two Instant Switch pairings, one for each outlet. If the battery in Instant Switch is low, it will not allow the pairing process to start, if this is the case the app will display a pop-up notifying you the battery is low.