iDevices Instant Switch is a wireless Bluetooth controller that connects to one compatible iDevices product. Instant Switch can be connected to iDevices Switch, Socket, Outdoor Switch, Wall Switch, Dimmer Switch, or Wall Outlet.
Before connecting the Instant Switch, be sure your iDevices product has been set up in the iDevices Connected app, is able to be controlled, and running the most up-to-date firmware. For instructions on updating firmware, visit: How to Download New Firmware.
Follow the steps below to connect your Instant Switch to an iDevices product:
1. Remove the battery tab. Pull the plastic tab out from the back of the product and discard. After pulling the tab, there will be a quick white flash on the Instant Switch LED. Instant Switch will then blink blue for the next 30 minutes to indicate it is advertising and can be seen by the app for setup.
2. Next, launch the iDevices Connected app. The app will guide you through the setup and placement of the Instant Switch in your home.
3. Tap on the menu (☰) in the upper left-hand corner.
4. Tap “Add Product."
5. Tap "Instant Switch."
6. Select the Instant Switch that appears.
7. The app will identify the Instant Switch; confirm the LED on the Instant Switch is flashing purple, then tap "Yes."
8. Bring the Instant Switch to the location you plan to install it. Once you’ve reached the location, tap “OK, I’m there."
9. Select the iDevices product that you want to pair with.
10. The Instant Switch will begin pairing to your iDevices product. The pairing process may take up to 90 seconds if the iDevices product you're connecting with is farther away.
11. Now that Instant Switch is paired, you can install your Instant Switch. For information on installing Instant Switch, visit: Installing iDevices Instant Switch.