- iDevices Instant Switch with CR2032 battery (pre-Installed)
- iDevices custom faceplate
- (2) Command™ Strips from 3M
- Ground Wire Assembly
- (2) 22mm phillips screws for gang box installations
- (2) 6mm standard screws for installing standard faceplates, (not included)
There are 3 methods in which you may install your Instant Switch:
- By itself on the wall, using the provided Command™ Strip from 3M and iDevices custom faceplate or a standard rocker faceplate of your choice.
- Next to an existing gang box, using the provided Command™ Strip from 3M and a multiple switch faceplate of your choice (not included).
- Installed directly into a gang box using a standard rocker style faceplate (not included).
Install on a wall:
- To mount your Instant Switch directly onto a wall, first thoroughly clean the wall’s surface with isopropyl alcohol to remove any dirt or dust.
- Remove the plastic backing to the Command™ Strip from 3M and align the strip with the recessed area on the back of the Instant Switch.
- Peel off the other side of the plastic backing and ensure that the product is level before pressing firmly to the wall. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Install the magnetic iDevices faceplate or a rocker style faceplate of your choice. If the faceplate you choose requires screws, use the shorter, 6mm screws provided to anchor the faceplate to the Instant Switch.
Install next to a gang box:
- Install the Command™ Strip from 3M onto the back of the Instant Switch.
- Mount the faceplate onto the Instant Switch using the provided 6mm screws.
- Peel off the plastic backing of the Command™ Strip from 3M.
- Carefully line up your faceplate with the existing wall switches and press to the wall for 30 seconds.
- Install the remaining faceplate screws into the adjacent wall switch(es).
Install into gang box:
When installing into a gang box, you will need the following tools:
- Philips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
1. Turn OFF the power to the circuit you are working on at your home’s breaker or fuse panel.
2. Install the ground wire assembly onto the access door of the Instant Switch.
3. Connect the ground wire on the Instant Switch to the ground wire in the gang box, which is usually bare copper or green.
4. If you choose this method of installation, do not use the Command™ Strip from 3M on the back of the product. Instead, use the screws provided to mount it onto the gang box.
5. Install a rocker switch faceplate (not included).
6. Turn the power back ON at your circuit breaker.